Board Meeting online using Zoom
Wednesday 6th April 2022, 7:00pm
Present Board Stuart Rogers SR (chair), Mike Adams MA (minutes), Jon Darch JD, Marie Day MD, Terry Hamlin TH, Shahan Miah SM, James Nicholls JN, D-M Withers DM, Jon Watts, Katrina Watts. Members Diane Rowland DR, Wendy Rowland WR. Police Dave Walker DW (Football Support Officer). Football Club Jerry Tocknell JT (SLO). Supporters Stuart Hogg SH, Ellie Jones EJ, Matt Seaward MS, Patch Warner PW, Matthew Withers MW, Eve Ralph ER
Apologies Miles Hendy MH (vice-chair), Paul Binning, Simon Orriss, James Thomas
1. MATTERS ARISING
Chair’s meeting with Football Club and Mohammed Dola - Regrettably this has been a bad time for abusive remarks at Ashton Gate but actions to combat it were agreed. There have been some positive moves with Mohammed receiving 30 tickets for a group from Bristol Central Mosque. Atyeo Statue – last set of names is with the production company. Supporters Bar – search is ongoing for a suitable lectern and link to broadband software has been provided
JT intends to make more frequent visits to OTIB. New parking system – instructions on arrival for need to register on iPads situated around the stadium. Two thousand season cards had been sold – we noted with disappointment that BCSCT had not been consulted about the modest price increases.
3. POLICE OVERVIEW
West Brom game – number of arrests before and after the game. Bournemouth game – possibly worst behaviour all season. Birmingham game – drink had been thrown around (a new craze). Large number of complaints from supporters about other supporters. Reselling of tickets is a major cause and the issue will be tackled. ACTION SR – to try to revive the idea of a video re: anti-social behaviour (BCFC previously reluctant). ACTION JT – to re-present the idea of Volunteer Meet & Greet supporters at matches.
4. BRISTOL CITY WOMEN
Liverpool game – a great occasion including stall in Lansdown Concourse and Hall of Fame chat at half-time. Three matches are planned for Ashton Gate next season. Delays on entry – one factor was the small number of fan turnstiles open to the stadium.
#HerGameToo – very successful campaign across the country. ACTION JT – to seek breakdown of categories of supporters attending Women’s football matches Senior Reds – moves for us to work more closely together and potentially fund former players’ memberships Former Players Association – we may be asked to help with the cost of travel to games and accommodation
6. ANNUAL FANS SURVEY
ACTION – MH to circulate the latest version
7. END OF SEASON AWARDS
The Women’s awards will be presented at their last home game on Sunday 24th April. The Men’s will be at the Robins High Performance Centre on Thursday 28th April – MA, MD, TH, SM to attend on our behalf. It was decided to postpone the Hall of Fame until the start of next season as a stand-alone event. ACTION – JT to suggest draw being held among purchasers of new Season Cards is extended to some attendance places at the PoY presentations (as last year) ACTION – ALL to think (for next meeting) how we can best proceed with Supporter-of-the-Year in future
8. BRISTOL CITY HERITAGE & ARCHIVE TRUST LTD
AGREED – to accept Scott Davidson’s request to become a partner in the company, in which we would provide one director
9. FAN-LED REVIEW inc proposed amended membership categories
Members were encouraged to write to their MPs to support the speedy implementation of the recommendation
10. BCSCT MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES
MA outlined proposals, which involve a new category of free membership. ACTION – SR to check with the FSA if this would be constitutional.
11. FUNDING FANS FOR THE FUTURE
AGREED – BCSCT to purchase 8 tickets as previous years
Next meeting – scheduled for Wednesday 4 May 2022, 7.00pm